Monday, July 7, 2008

Meal Mixer

On Saturday evening, we had the Chicken, beet & Bleu cheese salad. We didn't really feel like fixing chicken nuggets, but the salads were large enough that didn't matter. We made a fruit salad with an orange, an apple, two bananas, a "vine" each of green and red grapes, a cup of blueberries, a mango, and half a fresh pineapple tossed in a little orange juice. We had that for dessert. Dov had two bowls, I had one.

For breakfast on Sunday, we made the poached eggs with garlic mushrooms which was incredible. For lunch, I packed Dov a roast beef wrap and a glad container of fruit salad. I had a turkey swiss lettuce wrap and fruit salad. For dinner, I made a recipe called "Dude Ranch Pork & Beans" which was a can of van de Kamp's Pork & Beans, a can of kidney beans, a can of sweet corn, 1/2 cup of salsa, 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce and 2 1/2 links of italian sweet sausage. I put it all in the crockpot at 2 and it cooked on low until 6:30 when Dov got home. For dessert, Dov went to the market and bought a pint of whipping cream. I made way too much, but we had it as a topper on the remainder of the fruit salad. He also brought home otter pops, and I had two of them. And even after brushing my teeth, my tongue was still purple this morning...

For breakfast, I made the bacon egg english muffin pizza thing, without the cheese or pizza sauce. Dov and I split an english muffin and I didn't use any butter. At lunch, we're having the rest of the pork & Beans, which is terrific still. I also brought an apple. For dinner tonight, we're having the Olympian Greek Salad, with the possible addition of an avocado depending on how ripe it is, and Chicken tapenade sandwiches. (Or possibly the Turkey Feta burger patties like we're supposed to, depending on if I have to have the turkey defrosted before adding the feta...otherwise, we'll have those tomorrow.)

I'll make another fruit salad tonight, sans mango, and use up the rest of the pineapple.

I've discovered Dov likes dessert, and feels cheated if he doesn't get it. Fortunately, the fruit salad counts!