Saturday, July 12, 2008

Eddie Izzard

On Thursday night, I used the three tortillas I had left and made a kind of enchilada lasagna where I put a little sauce on the bottom of a pie plate, put in the brown ground turkey (which I cooked with some Taco seasoning) and a little cheese, put on the second tortilla, more turkey and cheese and then the final tortilla and poured the can of enchilada sauce over the top, then the rest of the cheese. (There was about a cup overall). When I was done, I put a cup of corn and half a head of romaine lettuce and a little sour cream on top. I cut it into 4 slices.

Friday morning, I took a whole wheat english muffin and cut it half. I topped each half with a slice of american cheese and a scrambled egg. It was an open-faced Egg McMuffin.

For lunch, Dov and I split the leftover turkey enchilada pie minus the lettuce and sour cream. The tortillas had become kind of an elastic pasta, but it was still tasty. I had the last of the red grapes as well.

For dinner, we met our friends Rick and Gail for dinner at Johnny Rockets at Pacific Place. I had the regular cheeseburger, and Dov and I split the fries.


Then we went to see Eddie Izzard at the Paramount. He did this bit about giraffes reacting to a tiger that was so hilarious. And he had this thing about Noah's Ark that was just hysterical. So brilliant. We were in the very last row and the house was packed. His bit about Darth Vader having to tie his shoes and use the bathroom was genius. I don't agree with his views on religion or politics, but I laughed the whole time.

After the show, we went with Rick & Gail and a couple of Rick's co-workers to Cheesecake Factory. I had 7/8ths of a slice of the carrot cake cheesecake which has bits of carrot cake mixed in with cheesecake, and a couple of bites of Dov's blackout cake. Most of the cake is now sitting in my fridge, but we may have to stick it in the freezer since I've had two desserts this week. They had a low carb cheesecake that I could have tried, but I didn't.

This morning for breakfast, I had yogurt and blueberries with granola. For lunch, I had a whole wheat dinner roll and tuna & mayo and the remaining pineapple.

Not sure what we're doing for dinner at the moment, but I'll see what's in the fridge. We have a whole bunch of corn that we need to use, so I'll figure something out with that...